What are Cookies and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don't have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile; and
- Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
We may also automatically collect and store certain information about your interaction with our Website or app including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps and related data.
In addition to cookies, we may use some other similar technologies as follows:
- Web Beacons: small graphic images included on our website or emails or those of third parties to provide analytics information
- Social widgets: buttons or icons provided by third party social media networks which may collect browsing data and will be received by the third party and are controlled by the third party
- SDKs: these are mobile application third party software development kits used in our apps. They enable us to collect information about app activity and the device it runs on.
- Local shared objects: these are sometimes called flash cookies and can be stored on your browser. They are used to maintain preferences and usage records.
Cookies we use
|Name of Cookie||Why we use it||Expiration||Essential? (yes/no)|
|NG_TRANSLATE_LANG_KEY||Website and personal account language||1 year||Yes|
|_token||Authorization token. It’s necessary for access to the ePayments personal account||Session||Yes|
|cookiePolicy||Cookie notification flag||1 month||Yes|
|survey||Option to display targeted user’s survey||Session||Yes|
|userid||The unique identifier of the authorized ePayments user. Used to link client activities on the website with third-party analytics systems||Session||Yes|
|promocode||An encrypted parameter that is used to associate a client with a specific affiliate link||7 days||Yes|
|iv||Initialization Vector. Used to decrypt the “promocode” cookie||7 days||Yes|
|clickid||The identifier of the user's click, which is assigned after the transition through the affiliate link. Statistics are collected according to this parameter||1 month||Yes|
|tags||UTM tags for detailed tracking of the affiliate link source||1 month||Yes|
Third party cookies
|Name of cookie||Why it is used||Company||Third party privacy policies||User controls||Essential? (yes/no)|
|Advertising /Marketing/social media functionality||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Google Analytics||Advertising /Marketing||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Mixpanel||Mobile analytics||Mixpanel||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Yandex.Metrika||Advertising /Marketing||Yandex||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Hubspot||Advertising /Marketing||Hubspot||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Survicate||User survey||Survicate||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
|Intercom||Live chat||Intercom||Find out more||Through browser settings||No|
Other similar technologies used in our apps
|Mixpanel||Marketing push notifications (iOS and Android), A/B testing||Find out more||Find out more|
Refusing or deleting cookies
Please click on the following links to adjust your browser settings:
If you access our services through our Apps, you can enable a "do not track" feature so as to control interest-based advertising on an iOS or Android mobile device by selecting the Limit Add Tracking option in the privacy section of your Settings on iOS or via advertising preferences on Android devices (e.g. in Google Settings). This will not prevent the display of advertisements but will mean that they will no longer be personalised to your interests.
To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you are a resident in the EU:
For more information on managing cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy.